Ancelotti anxious ahead of derby this weekend.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as there are cries of a ‘scandal’ as Real Madrid snatch last gasp win at Elche.
– ‘Tug the league'; Real Madrid defender Pepe tricks the referee and gets a penalty in injury time. Cristiano Ronaldo scores from the spot after having struck a free-kick earlier in the game.
– However, it was a bad performance from Los Blancos, who will host city rivals Atletico Madrid this weekend ‘submerged in a sea of doubts’.
– Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti: “Playing like this will not win us the derby”.
– It was not a penalty according to Rafa Guerrero as the debate rages on following last night’s controversy.
– A model of six styles; Cruyff, Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Pep, Tito and Tata have all added their personal touch to Barcelona.
– ‘The madness of Muniz'; A scandalous final few minutes in Elche over an unfair penalty given even after time had elapsed.
– Cristiano Ronaldo also scores a free-kick to help hand Real Madrid victory, although it is achieved amidst shame after penalty decision.
– Cristiano now has 210 goals in 206 games.
– Spain ask FIFA for permission to call up Diego Costa. The Federation has communicated with FIFA a request to authorise Costa to become a Spanish international.
– Barcelona boss Tata Martino doesn’t fear his stars. He has already taken Lionel Messi off twice, and Xavi, Pedro, Iniesta, Neymar and Cesc Fabregas have all spent time on the bench.
Image courtesy of Mundo Deportivo.
– ‘This is how Madrid win'; Muniz scandalously robs Elche. He did not give Sergio Ramos a red card, and Cristiano scored from a dubious free-kick.
– The Portuguese star was then awarded a non-existent penalty after injury time had finished.
– Messi and Neymar, two men that connect. Leo and Ney understand each other perfectly and have buried the doubts that they were potentially an impossible pairing following the Brazilian’s arrival this summer.
– Meanwhile, Barcelona defender Carles Puyol returns four kilos lighter.