Birsa strikes for the Rossoneri to clinch three valuable points.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as AC Milan secure a much-needed win while Napoli return to the top of the table.
– ‘Milan relief'; Rossoneri beat Sampdoria 1-0 with a goal from Valter Birsa, as they return to victory and obtain a clean sheet.
– New anti-Naples chants which could result in a one-match ban for the entire San Siro after the Curva Sud was closed on Saturday night.
– Napoli soar; Turbo-Pandev sinks Genoa. As a result, it is expected that Fabio Liverani will be sacked while former boss Gian Piero Gasperini will return.
– Turin Derby: Carlos Tevez will start with Sebastian Giovinco, the anti-Torino Juve focuses on the little men.
– Meanwhile, Torino boss Giampiero Ventura suggests that to stop Tevez, they would need to lock him up.
– Roma coach Rudi Garcia changes Roma’s bunker defence, while their opponents Bologna are fired up with Alessandro Diamanti.
– Inter boss Walter Mazzarri has had a rant over the fixture schedule, suggesting that only Inter are being forced to play on a Thursday and Sunday.
– Ajax score six, but they don’t scare Milan ahead of their Champions League meeting on Tuesday.
– Super Napoli; Goran Pandev sinks Genoa in 25 minutes with both Marek Hamsik and Gonzalo Higuain rested.
– Stadium chaos, with owner Aurelio De Laurentiis setting an ultimatum.
– Milan beat Samp; but it’s chaos for the fans. More insults aimed at Neapolitans, will San Siro be closed?
– Roma are aiming for a sixth straight win on Sunday, while Juventus run derby risk against Torino.
– Inter boss Mazzarri bemoans the fixture list suggesting that it only penalises his side.
– ‘Ventura-Conte; a Derby for hard men’
– Ventura: “If I challenge Tyson, I’ll do it at chess rather than in a boxing ring. We’ve improved more than them, we can do this if we believe.”
– Juve boss: “Against us, teams refuse to play and I think Toro will too, but if the Granata don’t clam up then it’ll be a spectacular game. Watch out for Cerci and Immobile.”
– Birsa goal and Milan light up again, but it’s deep darkness for Samp.
– Napoli get back on track with Genoa and Preziosi recalls Gasperini.