Welshman has an injury issue, but not a hernia.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid admit to Gareth Bale injury concern, but it isn’t a hernia problem.
– ‘The GP of Maria'; A great homage is paid to Maria de Vilota during the Japanese GP.
– Taking turns scoring goals; Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque recognises that La Roja need a reliable striker going to Brazil.
– Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo is on a good run of form, scoring every 78 minutes.
– Real Madrid recognise that Gareth Bale has a disc problem, he suffered from a small chronic disc protrusion that could impede his efforts to play.
– However, they have dismissed reports that it is a hernia, which was initially reported by Marca on Saturday.
– Real Madrid admit that Bale has a disc injury.
– The club communicate an official statement that he does not have a hernia but rather that it is a chronic protrusion in his back.
– The injury has effected him twice before, forcing him to not play in January 2011 and June 2012.
– Brazil look for the €40m that is missing over Neymar. DIS, the company that has demanded the money from Barcelona, want to know if Santos charged the €17.1m or €69.5m.
– Del Bosque still hasn’t found his ideal number 9 ahead of the World Cup, with the Spain boss trying seven different players so far.
– ‘The Klose option'; Miroslav Klose will see his contract with Lazio expire in June 2014, and he fits the profile wanted by Barcelona boss Tata Martino.
– The German international has scored 68 goals, as many as Gerd Muller’s record.
– Neymar shines and scores a great goal. Meanwhile, Carles Puyol and Lionel Messi return to training this week,
– Special feature looking back at the 16 La Liga campaigns for Barcelona ace Xavi.
– Real Madrid: Bale’s back is apparently destroying Florentino Perez’s dream.