Duel between two of Europe’s top goalscorers and stars.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic prepare to go head-to-head in friendly in Qatar.
– ‘Magicians in the East’. The duel between CR7 and Ibra is a gift for the Kings of Qatar.
– A friendly with glamour to start 2014.
– Bale is left in Madrid to recover fully fr Celta. Casillas, who is about to become a father, doesn’t travel either.
– Villar wants to give La Liga a new format. A system with an opening half to the season like in Argentina or model with playoffs.
– Luis Suarez looks for a fight. He scores another golazo and now has as many goals as Diego Costa.
– There is hope but there is still fear about the after-effects.
– Schumacher passes another day in a critical state even though he continues to be stable. Lauda: “Someone is helping him from above”.
– To Doha without Bale.
– Madrid were met with acclaim last night on arrival to Qatar. Cristiano (69) and Ibrahimovic (47) are the two leading goalscorers on the planet for 2013 and they now face each other in a friendly of thrones.
– Lionel Messi has still not arrived. He misses training in the morning after a month in Argentina.
– Time is in favour of Schumacher. There has been a slight improvement in his condition though he continues to be in a critical state.
– Sosa to be given a check up today.
– 2014 A great challenge.
– Mireira Belmonte closes out 2013 with 13 golds, 11 silvers and 10 bronzes. She is aiming for a new world record, a gold at the Olympics and in the 50 metres.
– “I will value the titles more when I retire, now I want to improve”.
– A small improvement in Schumacher’s condition.
– Finally Messi. Leo, in good shape, lands today in Barcelona.
– Neymar, Alves, Mascherano, Alexis and Song also return.
– Premier League: City and Toure in great form as they beat Swansea 2-3.