Meanwhile Milan and Inter could be set for a ‘stadium derby’.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as they make their case to support Cristiano Ronaldo in his bid to land the Balon d’Or.
– ‘He deserves it!’ – Cristiano Ronaldo and the Ballon d’Or.
– The extraordinary performance of CR7 with his Portugal in Sweden and the re-opening of the vote by FIFA have overturned the prediction that said Franck Ribery.
– The Real Madrid player, 66 goals in 2013, is the No 1 candidate for success.
– Erick Thohir and the Inter stadium: “Work to start in 2016”.
– The magnate told governor Maroni. The ET secret: Spritz and a passion for Baggio.
– Borja Valero assures: “Rossi-Gomez perfect”.
– The Spaniard: “Pepito and Mario work well. I have never won anything – it is time to start here”.
– AC Milan – Barbara Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani embrace at dinner.
– Kaka wants 100th goal.
– Chile obstruct, Arturo Vidal now at risk of missing Livorno.
– Here are the favourites for the World Cup.
– Brazil, Germany and Spain in pole position. Behind them are Italy, Argentina and Holland.
– Milan-Inter, what a stadium derby!
– Galliani and Thohir want to build it in the same zone – heading towards a sensational clash.
– Meanwhile, it’s chaos over the law: Along with the new arenas there is also a green light for buildings.
– Here’s Sinisa Mihajlovic: “Great emotion to be here at Sampdoria “.
– Ronaldo stronger than Sepp Blatter. The FIFA President re-opens the Ballon d’Or voting.
– Cristiano is the logical favourite after the international show.
– France push for Ribery.
– Comment – A market rich with ideas and money awaits us in January.
– Vidal situation at Juve – in doubt for Livorno.
– Rafa Benitez: “You have no patience in Italy”.
– Diego Lopez: “Sardinia, Cagliari will help you”.
– Too risky: Nocerina-Lecce will not be played. The prefect forces a postponement. And the match against Paganese behind closed doors in another region.
– A huge Juventus clause for Paul Pogba.
– Protagonist of the French triumph in the World Cup play-off, the midfielder flies high. “I will go to Brazil with the Scudetto”
– The Bianconeri are ready to extend and improve his contract, but they will need a massive rescission clause, like the one Edinson Cavani had at Napoli, to keep him.
– Vives: “Believe me, I am worthy of Toro”.
– Balotelli to Chelsea? Milan, here is Lukaku!
– Benitez angered: “Napoli, no more false starts”.
– Youngsters all over the place: Thohir discovers a treasure chest at Inter.
– Ronaldo force 66, he also puts FIFA to Ribery.
– Comment – Cairo tycoon Granata.