Hamsik guides Napoli to impressive opening weekend win.
All the latest headlines from Gazzetta, Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport with reaction from the opening weekend of Serie A and latest transfer gossip.
– “Mazzarri sprint”; The Tuscan coach debuts as Inter boss with a 2-0 win over Genoa at San Siro on Sunday. A relatively quiet first half but things improved with the introduction of Mauro Icardi, Mateo Kovacic and Saphir Taider in the second half.
– Goals from Yuto Nagatomo and Rodrigo Palacio ensured the former Napoli boss secured a win.
– Meanwhile, Inter owner Massimo Moratti says the club will see whether or not they can bring back Samuel Eto’o.
– “What a Napoli!”; Maestro Rafa Benitez unleashes Marek Hamsik. Elsewhere, Roma start well under Rudi Garcia while Lazio are okay with Hernanes.
– However, AC Milan are already under pressure, as they must eliminate PSV on Wednesday night or there will be trouble.
– Fiorentina boss Vincenzo Montella has revealed that he is “bored of the Adem Ljajic situation”.
– “A Napoli to scream about”; Great start for the Azzurri with a 3-0 win over Bologna at the San Paolo. Jose Callejon opened the scoring, while Hamsik secured a double.
– “Roma, what a start!” and Lazio win with goosebumps, while Inter change under Mazzarri and Juventus party as they celebrate 500 days at the top.
– AC Milan are divided over PSG defender Mamadou Sakho, with Adriano Galliani and Massimiliano Allegri undecided over whether or not to move for the out-of-favour stopper.
– “Tevez Mania”; From Antonio Conte to Gianluigi Buffon, everyone is crazy for the Apache after he scored the winner on his debut against Sampdoria.
– It is already Juve-Napoli!; Super start for Rafa Benitez, but Inter also fly.
– Roma and Lazio both secure victories to launch themselves, while Torino also got their season underway with a victory.