Madrid win handsomely while Sociedad fall to defeat.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Cristiano Ronaldo guides Real Madrid to a big win against Galatasaray.
– ‘A Festival'; Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates his new contract with a hat-trick. Meanwhile, Karim Benzema erases doubts with two goals as Madrid run out 6-1 winners.
– A great game for Isco, who opened the scoring with a great goal while Carlo Ancelotti has a fine debut in the Champions League.
– However, there was misfortune for goalkeeper Iker Casillas who was injured in a collision with Sergio Ramos in the opening minutes after denying Galatasaray chances.
– Meanwhile, Real Sociedad pay the price for inexperience as they lose despite having chances.
– Champions League to test Barcelona and the doubts surrounding the team. Tata and Europe is another thing as they take on Ajax.
– Cristiano: 204 games, 206 goals. With his three goals on Tuesday night in Turkey, he now has 28 goals away from home in the Champions League.
– He beats Messi’s record, but luck abandons Casillas as he is injured after just 15 minutes of play in the win over Galatasaray.
– Champions League music in the Calderon as Adrian comes in for Costa for Atletico Madrid while Hulk is Zenit’s main threat.
– Barca’s star-studded eleven for Ajax as both Lionel Messi and Neymar likely to start.
– ‘Total Football'; Barca, the inheritors of total football, have a date with Ajax, the inventors of the system.
– Messi and Neymar to get Barcelona’s campaign off and running against the Dutch champions as Iniesta trains without Xavi.
– Champions League goals galore for Real Madrid, but Ramos injures Casillas.
– Gerard Pique has spoken about the difference between rivals Barca and Madrid: “We do not have a Bankia”.