Madrid duo receive praise for weekend performance.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Cristiano Ronaldo and Isco continue to star for Real Madrid in latest victory.
– ‘A luxury'; Isco and Cristiano Ronaldo are the stars for Real Madrid. CR7 gets a double, one a backheel, and he overtakes Hugo Sanchez with 209 goals and now targets Puskas’ record of 237.
– Getafe went ahead, but Pepe and Isco helped complete the comeback while Asier Illarramendi put in a noticeable performance.
– Karim Benzema was unreliable but left the pitch to applause. Meanwhile, Gareth Bale injured in the warm-up, and he didn’t play due to a muscular problem.
– Elsewhere, there were goals galore for Miroslav Djukic’s men in win over Sevilla while there is question marks over Andres Iniesta as he has only played one game.
– In Italy, Fernando Llorente scores on his starting eleven debut for Juventus in 2-1 win over Hellas Verona.
– Isco and Cristiano; Bale does not play after he picks up an injury in the warm-up. Sensational exhibition from the Malagueno and two more goals for Ronaldo.
– The Portuguese star has now scored 208 goals in 205 games, which now puts him ahead of Hugo Sanchez.
– Jonas rescues Djukic, as the Brazilian scores a double against Sevilla to alleviate some of the pressure on Valencia while their opponents are bottom of the table.
– ‘Five in a row'; The great start by Barcelona puts them in a great position. The performance of Victor Valdes, the influence of Lionel Messi and the creativity of Neymar have all been crucial to their cause thus far.
– Both Manchester City and Manchester United are interested in Andres Iniesta, as the Spanish star struggles for playing time. Team-mate and compatriot Cesc Fabregas has already created nine goals.
– Real Madrid assembly, Florentino Perez proclaimed saviour of the club.