Uruguayan international says he will talk with De Laurentiis soon.
Napoli star Edinson Cavani has left the door open to a possible stay in Naples, but wants to sit down for face-to-face talks with owner Aurelio De Laurentiis.
The 26-year-old will soon return from international duty with Uruguay at the Confederations Cup, having lost to Brazil on Wednesday they will now close their participation in the tournament with a third place playoff game on Sunday.
Meanwhile, Cavani has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, Chelsea or Manchester City this summer, and has previously hinted that he would be interested in moving to a “bigger club”.
However, Napoli have been immoveable in their search for a bid of €63m, the release clause fee set in Cavani’s current contract, and have yet to receive an offer they deem sufficient.
Nevertheless, the striker has now revealed that he isn’t set on leaving Naples, but does want to sit down and talk with owner De Laurentiis following numerous false reports and particular comments made by the movie mogul.
“I love Naples. It’s my town and my heart is there. But when I was here in Brazil I’ve heard untrue rumours and things about me,” Cavani told the media in South America as quoted by Sky Sports.
“For this reason, now I want to talk as soon as possible with president De Laurentiis.
“We must clear ourselves. I’ll talk with him, as it’s done between men, really soon.”
It remains to be seen whether Cavani’s future will see him remain in Naples, but much will depend on whether any of the interested parties can meet his release fee, thus paving the way for negotiations on personal terms to begin.