Which of these strikers made up for being caught offside with a big goal tally…?
fanatix runs you down the ten Premier League strikers who were caught offside more than anyone else last term!
10) Fernando Torres – Chelsea – 29 offsidesCaught offside nearly 30 times, and scored only eight goals – no wonder Chelsea fans find the £50m Spaniard so frustrating!
9) Dimitar Berbatov – Fulham – 36 offsidesBerbatov is lovely to watch – but is incomparably lazy on the football pitch! On 36 occasions last term, the stylish Bulgarian couldn’t be bothered to get back onside!
8) Rickie Lambert – Southampton – 37 offsidesLambert’s 15 league goals helped the Saints avoid relegation, and if he improves on that figure this term, he could be an outside bet for an England shout!
7) Luis Suarez – Liverpool – 39 offsidesThe enigmatic striker is in every top ten list… Goals, assists, dribbles, shots, chances created; but unfortunately for him – he makes the offside list too!
6) Romelu Lukaku – West Brom – 42 offsidesJose Mourinho will have to do extra ‘stay onside’ training with Lukaku and Torres at the club this season!
5) Grant Holt – Norwich – 44 offsidesThe burly forward has been shipped out to Wigan in the Championship – after only scoring eight Premier League goals last year. His 44 offsides won’t have done him any favours either!
4) Papiss Cisse – Newcastle – 45 offsides
Has decided to play for Newcastle despite the Wonga shirt sponsor. Newcastle fans will hope he shows an increased interest in staying onside this year!
3) Nikica Jelavic – Everton – 46 offsides
Jelavic had a real stinker of a season for the Toffees. Only bagged seven times all season, despite being a regular fixture in the side!
2) Robin Van Persie – Manchester United – 46 offsides
No United fan will begrudge RVP his 46 offsides. After all – he did score the 26 goals that helped the Red Devils to a league title!
1) Christian Benteke – Aston Villa – 50 offsidesThe Belgian powerhouse scored 19 Premier League goals, which earned him a new bumper deal at Villa Park – but he was caught offside a crazy 50 times!
Stats courtesy of Who Scored.