Which of these strikers made up for being caught offside with a big goal tally…?
fanatix runs you down the ten Premier League strikers who were caught offside more than anyone else last term!
9) Dimitar Berbatov – Fulham – 36 offsidesBerbatov is lovely to watch – but is incomparably lazy on the football pitch! On 36 occasions last term, the stylish Bulgarian couldn’t be bothered to get back onside!
8) Rickie Lambert – Southampton – 37 offsidesLambert’s 15 league goals helped the Saints avoid relegation, and if he improves on that figure this term, he could be an outside bet for an England shout!
5) Grant Holt – Norwich – 44 offsidesThe burly forward has been shipped out to Wigan in the Championship – after only scoring eight Premier League goals last year. His 44 offsides won’t have done him any favours either!
4) Papiss Cisse – Newcastle – 45 offsides
3) Nikica Jelavic – Everton – 46 offsides
2) Robin Van Persie – Manchester United – 46 offsides
Stats courtesy of Who Scored.