Brazilian is still expected to leave Loftus Road this summer.
Fiorentina sporting director Daniele Prade has denied speculation that the club have made a formal bid for QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar.
The Viola are still looking to strengthen in the goalkeeping position after deciding to sell Emiliano Viviano to relegated Palermo earlier this summer, with rumours suggesting a move for Cesar was in the offing.
The Brazilian has attracted plenty of attention after his current employers were relegated from the Premier League last season, with Napoli said to be close to agreeing a deal before signing Pepe Reina from Liverpool on loan.
However, an agreement has not been forthcoming thus far and his hopes of securing a move to a high profile European league ahead of the World Cup next summer looks in jeopardy.
Ideally, Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari would like to see his number one ‘keeper playing high level football, perhaps also in the Champions League, but Cesar’s efforts so far have not resulted in anything.
His hopes were dealt a further blow on Wednesday as Prade revealed Fiorentina have not made any enquiries about the player this summer.
“I’ve never contacted QPR for Julio Cesar or his agent,” Prade told Sky Sport Italia as reported by Football Italia.
“I therefore deny the stories in the newspapers,” he concluded.
Speculation had suggested that Fiorentina had agreed a €3m fee with the Championship outfit, and that the 34-year-old stopper was ready to reach a compromise on personal terms.
However, Prade has moved to quash those reports as Cesar’s search for a new club looks set to continue.