The biggest stories from Wednesday concerning the Blues.
Read more Chelsea transfer rumours.
Cesar Azpilicueta signs new five year contract
Full back Cesar Azpilicueta has signalled his desire to remain at Chelsea for the foreseeable future by signing a new five contract with the club, BBC Sport reports.
The Spaniard has been an integral part of Jose Mourinho’s side so far this season with his excellent displays keeping new signing Filipe Luis out of the starting eleven.
Azpilicueta has made 95 appearances for the Blues since he joined them in 2012 in a £6.5 million move from Marseille.
Torres felt he needed to leave Chelsea after Costa arrival
New AC Milan striker Fernando Torres has admitted that he knew he needed to leave Chelsea after the Blues signed Diego Costa.
Sky Sports reports that Torres was desperate for first team football but couldn’t see him getting any once Costa arrived from Atletico Madrid.
The striker is now looking forward to getting started at his new club and helping them get back to the top of Italian football.
”AC Milan is all I needed, a great club with great fans where I will try to shine and come back myself,” said Torres. ”We need to return to the first three (Serie A teams) and I want to get back my past levels”.
Galliani admits Van Ginkel wanted to stay at Chelsea
AC Milan chief executive Adriano Gallaini has admitted that Marco Van Ginkel initially wanted to stay at Chelsea and fight for his place.
However, Goal.com reports that the Dutch youngster eventually decided to continue his career at AC Milan after speaking to Fernando Torres and Nigel De Jong.
”We convinced him by using two players: De Jong spoke to him and then Fernando Torres as well. Eventually, he agreed to a move,” Galliani said.
Van Ginkel moved to AC Milan on a season long loan in the final days of the transfer window.
Chelsea set to offer Courtois new contract
Jose Mourinho wants to make Thibaut Courtois his number one goalkeeper for the foreseeable future and is willing to offer the 22 year old a bumper new contract to keep him at the club.
The Belgian spent the last two seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid and impressed Mourinho so much that he has replaced Petr Cech as the Blues number one goalkeeper.
The 22 year olds current £30,000 a week deal is set to treble according to the Metro.
Mourinho hopes this will ward off any clubs looking to poach the young goalkeeper from Stamford Bridge.
Former star insists he had a good relationship with Mourinho
While talking about his move to AC Milan, Fernando Torres has also claimed that he had a good relationship with Jose Mourinho.
Reports throughout the past year have suggested that the pair’s relationship was strained but the Spaniard insists that wasn’t the case.
According to ESPN, the striker believes that he could one day link-up with Mourinho again.
(Hot WAG Gallery) Sexy pictures of Cristiano Ronaldo girlfriend Irina Shayk.