Torres hits form at the right time, and the stats prove it…
- Fernando Torres scored his first goal of the Premier League season with his 13th shot.
- The Spaniard also registered his 13th Premier League assist for Chelsea – when he brilliantly teed up the onrushing German Andre Schurrle to tap home an open goal. This is one more assist than he managed during his entire Liverpool career.
- In the nine previous Premier League matches this season, the 29-year-old had only hit two shots on target. Against Manuel Pellegrini’s side, he had three – and scored with virtually the last kick of the game.
- Under Jose Mourinho, Chelsea play to the very last whistle. With six strikes, he Blues have now scored more goals in the final 15 minutes of Premier League games this season than any other side.
- Manchester City seem to have the opposite problem. They have conceded 82% of their goals after half-time, which is the highest percentage in the country.
- Chelsea had less possession than the visitors, with only 46% compared to City’s 54%.
- City also played more passes than their opponents with 402 compared to Chelsea’s 303.
- City also had more shots, (15 to Chelsea’s 12) but made more fouls than the home side too (15 to 11)
stats courtesy of FourFourTwo.