Brook back in action after injury layoff…
Malignaggi would be keen on Brook bout: American star considering his options.
Brook says Khan doesn’t deserve Mayweather shot: IBF champion thinks rival has skipped the queue.
Brook says Khan isn’t even best in Britain: Brook wants domestic showdown.
It has been confirmed that Kell Brook will make the first defence of his IBF world welterweight title at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield on March 28.
Brook won the belt last August after defeating Shawn Porter at the StubHub Center in California, but he was forced to postpone a return to the ring after being attacked on holiday last year.
The 28-year-old suffered a wound to his leg after being stabbed, but after successfully going through a rehabilitation process, he has returned to the gym and is now eagerly awaiting a return to action.
Promoter Eddie Hearn has revealed that his opponent will be announced at a press conference on Thursday (January 22) with various names being linked to the bout.
However, it is no secret that Brook wants to face domestic rival Amir Khan later this year, with Hearn previously suggesting that a summer bout at Wembley could be a possibility.
For now, Brook will need to come through his next test unscathed and with Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao edging closer to securing their highly-anticipated clash, Khan may well be a realistic option.
The Sheffield-born fighter will be itching to get back to action in the ring in order to put himself in the mix for the top fights in a packed division, but it promises to be a special night for the city and for Brook as he returns to the Motorpoint Arena as a world champion.