David Price has insisted that he is ready to secure a heavyweight showdown with Anthony Joshua whenever the Olympic gold medallist is ready to fight.
Chelsea to host Klitschko-Fury: Premier League champions in talks over hosting event.
Klitschko says Joshua will dominate: Ukrainian likes what he has seen from AJ.
Why Wilder will replace Mayweather: ‘Bronze Bomber’ can be new face of boxing/
Price had been scheduled to feature on the ‘All or Nothing’ bill in Liverpool on June 26, but a neck injury has forced him to pull out and he will now target a return in the coming months.
However, he has responded to talk about a possible fight with Joshua later in the year, and he believes that the sooner the fight is made the better for him as his fellow Brit still lacks experience and will only get better in time.
“We’re ready to make that fight whenever,” he told Sky Sports.
“If you look at this logically, it suits me better to fight Joshua now. He’s only had 13 fights and he hasn’t gone past three rounds, so I’ve got the experience in my favour.”
Price added that he would want a 50/50 split as he wouldn’t just be turning up like Joshua’s previous opponents and be expecting to get a payday after a one-sided win.
After two devastating losses to Tony Thompson, the Merseysider has gradually rebuilt his career with Sauerland Promotions and will be looking to step up in the coming months as he moves towards a world title shot.
Meanwhile, Price also had an opinion on the Joshua-Dillian Whyte feud and believes that the Brixton native will cause his rival problems if they meet in the ring later this year.
Whyte had been lined up as a possible opponent for AJ in September, but due to injury he won’t be ready in time and so promoter Eddie Hearn may look to make that fight a month or so later.
Regardless of when it happens, it is certainly an exciting time for British heavyweight boxing with Tyson Fury expected to face Wladimir Klitschko in the next few months too in a bid to end his reign as world champion.