Galliani describes Balotelli as a “world star” and will not leave.
AC Milan have confirmed that striker Mario Balotelli is not for sale, but the Italian giants have been less dismissive of speculation linking Stephan El Shaarawy with an exit.
Rossoneri vice-president Adriano Galliani was quizzed on Carlos Tevez and his switch to Juventus on Thursday, and claimed that his club were never in a position to buy the Argentine, given that they must sell before they can buy.
However, rumours circulated that the club would be willing to sell some of their most prized assets this summer, and Galliani delivered a mix response.
“Balotelli will not be sold. He’s absolutely not on the market,” he told reporters as quoted by La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“We count on him. He’s a world star and we will build our future around him,” he added.
However, the Milan chief was less sure about the future of another starlet at the club, with El Shaarawy rumoured to be heading through the exit door this summer.
Milan have reportedly received a sizeable offer from Manchester City for the 20-year-old, and Galliani has previously noted that should a suitable bid be made, the Rossoneri would have to think about a potential sale.
He delivered no assurances for El Shaarawy on Thursday, as the Italian international continues to worry over his future whilst on international duty with the Azzurri at the Confederations Cup.
“When he returns from Brazil, then we’ll have to talk,” said Galliani.
It remains to be seen whether Milan are willing to part with the youngster, who despite leading the club’s goal-scoring charts last season, suffered an alarming dip in form in the second half of the campaign.
Coupled with the return of the trequartista role in the side next year which would result in a 4-3-1-2 tactical switch, there are doubts as to whether El Shaarawy has a future at San Siro.